Single Tooth Implant – Casper, WY
Complete Your Smile with a Dental Implant
When you lose a tooth, you do not need to settle for anything less than the best when filling the empty space. Dr. Erin M. Prach strives to give her patients the latest solutions to invest in a healthy, functional smile. Now, you can replace your missing tooth with a dental implant in Casper. Unlike traditional treatments, you will restore the entire tooth structure to enjoy the next best thing to what nature gave you.
Tooth Replacement Options
Every tooth in your mouth is invaluable to your oral health and your quality of life. When even one is missing, you lose your confidence and your ability to chew many of your favorite foods. There are additional complications brewing beneath the surface that may not be apparent right away. You are slowly losing density in your jawbone. Eventually, this can lead to additional tooth loss and changes to your facial structures.
Now, you have two options to replace your missing tooth to preserve your smile:
- Fixed Bridge: Prach takes an impression of your mouth to create a prosthetic tooth to match the appearance of your remaining teeth. It is held in place by reshaping your adjacent teeth to place dental crowns over them. You can enjoy a complete smile for about 5 years before needing to replace the bridge and crowns.
- Single Tooth Implant: A titanium implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone to act as a new root. An abutment is attached to the post to connect a custom-made porcelain crown. Your jawbone fuses to the post to give you a solution with the potential to last for a lifetime.
What are Single Tooth Implants?
A dental implant is the only treatment to replace the entire structure of your tooth. The process can take several months, but it is worth the wait. After an initial consultation with your dentist in Casper, Dr. Prach pinpoints the ideal location for your implant post using a CT scan. Some patients need additional treatments before their placement surgery, like a tooth extraction or bone grafting.
After the foundation is established for your new smile, your implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone. You spend the next several months healing as your bone fuses to the post. Once adequate healing has occurred, you need a second minor surgery to attach the abutment. A couple of weeks after the fixture is placed, your custom-made dental crown is connected to it.
Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
Treating the entire structure of the tooth allows you to enjoy various benefits that are not possible with a traditional bridge, including:
- Over a 95% success rate.
- Looks and feels natural
- Restores 70% of your biting force.
- Improves your oral health.
- Protects your facial structure.
- Preserves your jawbone’s density.
- Easy maintenance and care.
- Long-lasting solution.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
You can restore a healthy, beautiful smile using a treatment that is proven to last for decades. Contact our office today to see if a dental implant is right for you.