Tooth-Colored Fillings Create Natural-Looking Smiles
Dr. Erin Prach offers an alternative to traditional metal fillings for Casper, WY dental patients: tooth-colored fillings. If you’re in need of treatment or you have questions for our team, don’t hesitate to contact us! We’d love to welcome you.
When would I need a tooth-colored filling?
- If you’re suffering from decay that’s at a mild to moderate level (more serious cases may require a dental crown)
- If you have an old amalgam filling that’s failing or simply dissatisfactory and you’d like it to be replaced.
- If your tooth has a small chip or crack that needs correction
The Tooth-Colored Filling Treatment Process
Placing a tooth-colored filling is a very simple process that requires only one short appointment at our Casper, WY location. Dr. Prach begins by numbing the area to minimize discomfort and help you feel more comfortable. Then, she removes the damage from the tooth, being careful to maintain as much of its natural structure as possible. Once this process is complete, the composite resin material is placed and sculpted so that it blends in with the treated tooth and those around it. Finally, a special light hardens it in place. The final result is so seamless you may not be able to locate it in a mirror.
Tooth-colored fillings offer patients many valuable benefits when compared to traditional materials, including:
- Composite resin can be formed into place more easily than amalgam, allowing us to leave as much of your natural tooth in place as possible.
- Amalgam fillings have the tendency to expand or contract when exposed to temperature resulting in the tooth becoming weakened over time. Composite resin is much more stable and doesn’t fall victim to these issues.
- Tooth-colored fillings won’t negatively affect patients who are sensitive to metals.